- Item Actions
A song for ourselves [videorecording]
directed, filmed, edited by Tadashi Nakamura ; Center for Asian American Media.
- Video; Book; DVD
- "During the 1970s when Asians in America were invisible to the country--and more importantly even to themselves--the late Chris Iijima's music provided the voice and identity an entire generation had been in search of. Through animated photographs, intimate home movies, archival footage and Chris' own songs, A song for ourselves shows how Chris' music unleashed the contagious energy of the Asian American movement with an unrelenting passion for social justice and a life well lived."--Container.
- Tadashi Nakamura
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 34 min.
- "A personal journey into the life and music of Asian American Movement troubador, Chris Iijima"--Container.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2009.
- Special features: Farewell Chris, Los Angeles memorial ; Mother of the movement, Kazu Iijima ; extended interview ; additional photos and music.
- Editor, Tadashi Nakamura ; producer, Karen L. Ishizuka ; music, Chris Iijima, Nobuko Miyamoto, "Charlie" Chin.
- Los Angeles, Calif. : Downtown Community Media Center : Little Tokyo Service Center : Center for Ethno Communications of the UCLA Asian American Studies Center, 2009.
- Public performance rights secured.
- 1 videodisc (34 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, NTSC.
- Technical details