- Item Actions
製作総指揮大谷哲夫 ; プロデューサー原公男, 大崎裕伸 ; 監督脚本高橋伴明
written by Ōtani Tetsuo ; produced by Hara Kimio, Ōsaki Hironobu ; directed by Takahashi Banmei.
- Video; DVD
- To cast away everything, surrendering yourself to the flow of nature and just sitting in meditation. This is the essence of Dogen's Zen Buddhism. In the 13th century, Dogen, a young Japanese monk traveled to China, determined to find his true master. There he found a monk who taught him that sitting in Zen meditation is the true and only path to enlightenment. Returning, enlightened, to Japan, Dogen risked his life to pioneer Zen Buddhism, inspiring the millions of Zen Buddhists who practice around the world today.
- Takahashi Banmei; Banmei Takahashi
- Nakamura Kantarō, Uchida Yuki, Fujiwara Tatsuya, Aikawa Shō, Sasano Takashi, Takahashi Keiko.
- 中村勘太郎, 内田有紀, 藤原竜也, 哀川翔, 笹野高史, 高橋惠子.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 127 min.
- In Japanese and Chinese, with optional English subtitles.
- Based on a novel written by Ōtani Tetsuo.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2009.
- Special features: The Zen of Dogen with Kazuaki Tanahashi, editor of the new complete Shobo genzo; trailer.
- Variant title
- English title from container:
- Music, Uzaki Ryūdō, Nakanishi Haseo ; cinematography, Mizuguchi Noriyuki ; editor, Kikuchi Jun'ichi ; art, Maruo Tomoyuki ; distribution, Kadokawa Eiga Kabushiki Kaisha.
- Music, 宇崎竜童, 中西長谷雄 ; cinematography, 水口智之 ; editor, 菊池純一; art, 丸尾知行; distribution, 角川映画株式会社.
- Berkeley, Calif. : Festival Media,  ©2011
- Publisher no.
- FM1014 Festival Media
- 1 videodisc (127 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. DVD; NTSC; region 1; Dolby digital stereo.
- Technical details