- Item Actions
The Economics of Happiness [videorecording]
a film by Helena Norberg-Hodge, Steven Gorelick, & John Page ; written and directed by Helena Norberg-Hodge, Steven Gorelick & John Page ; produced by Helena Norberg-Hodge ; ISEC
- Video; DVD
- A documentary film about economic localization, a powerful strategy that can help heal our world from crisis -- our ecosystems, our societies, and ourselves. "The Economic of Happiness describes a world moving simultaneously in two opposing directions. As governments and big business continue to push for 'growth' in the form of increased global trade, we're seeing an increase in climate chaos, senseless war, fundamentalism, financial volatility, income inequality, and the consolidation of corporate power. At the same time, people around the world are resisting those policies, demanding a re-regulation of both trade and finance. And, far from the old institutions of power, communities are coming together to re-build more human-scale, ecological economies based on a new paradigm -- an economics of localization."--Container.
- Helena Norberg-Hodge; Steven Gorelick; John Page
- Narrator, John Page ; Voices from six continents, including: Vandana Shiva, Bill McKibben, David Korten, Zac Goldsmith, Michael Shuman, Samdhong Rinpoche, Andrew Simms, Richard Heinberg, Chris Johnstone, Juliet Schor, Clive Hamilton, Keobo Oiwa & Rob Hopkins.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 68 min.
- Originally produced in 2011; copyright held by ISEC.
- Editorial design, Anna Fricke ; editors, Anna Fricke and Army Armstrong, Meredith Holch ; interview camera, Clive Ardagh, Robin Grant, Malcolm Baldwin, Kai Gusovius, and sixteen others ; location camera, Constantin Dumba, Jim Hurst, Ben Knight, and thirty others ; music, Popul Vuh.
- Totnes, U.K. ; Berkeley, Calif. : International Society for Ecology and Culture, ©2011.
- 1 videodisc (68 min.) : sd., col. with b&w seq. ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD ; NTSC ; widescreen presentation.
- Technical Details