Parsifal [videorecording] : opera in three acts
Richard Wagner ; staged by Harry Kupfer ; video director, Hans Huscher ; a production of Metropolitan Munich.
- Video; DVD
- Parsifal represents the culmination of Wagner's work as a revolutionary composer of opera. In it he created a powerful allegory on the conflict between Christianity and paganism, good and evil, light and dark, physical passion and spiritual abstinence. Tells the story of the knight Parsifal and his quest for the Holy Grail.
- Hans Huscher; Hans Hulscher; Harry Kupfer
- Cast: Poul Elming (Parsifal), Waltraud Meier (Kundry), John Tomlinson (Gurnemanz), Falk Struckmann (Amfortas), Günter von Kannen (Klingsor), Fritz Hübner (Titurel) ; Staatskapelle Berlin, Chor des Deutschen Staatsoper ; conductor, Daniel Barenboim.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 245 min.
- Sung in German with subtitles in English, German, French, and Japanese.
- Originally produced as a television program in 1993.
- Program notes in English, German, and French in container.
- Stage design, Hans Schavernoch ; costumes, Christine Stromberg ; sound, Helmut Mühle, Christian Feldgen ; camera, Erwin Tischler and others ;
- [Berlin] :EuroArts Music International,c2012.
- Recording information
- Recorded at the Deutsche Staatsoper Berlin, 1992.
- Publisher no.
- 2066738 EuroArts
- 3 videodiscs (245 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (15 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.) DVD; NTSC; 4:3 aspect ratio; PCM stereo.; Region Code 0 (worldwide).
- Technical details