From up on Poppy Hill [videorecording]
Studio Ghibli ... [et al.] ; screenplay by Hayao Miyazaki and Keiko Niwa ; directed by Goro Miyazaki ; produced by Toshio Suzuki.
- Video; DVD
- In the year 1963 in Yokohama, an innocent romance blossoms between two high school students, Umi and Shun. As Japan recovers from World War II and prepares to host the 1964 Olympics, the mood contains both optimism and conflict as the younger generation struggles to escape the shackles of the past. While trying to save a dilapidated Meiji-era club house from demolition, the relationship flourishes. But a buried secret from their past emerges to cast a shadow on the future and pull them apart.
- Goro Miyazaki
- Sara Bolger, Anton Yelchin, Gillian Anderson, Aubrey Plaza, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christina Hendricks, Beau Bridges, Bruce Dern, Chris Noth, Charlie Saxton.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 91 min.
- English or Japanese dialogue; English subtitles.
- Rating: PG; for mild thematic elements and some incidental smoking images.
- Title and credits from English version of film.
- Based on the graphic novel, Kokurikozaka Kara / by Chizuru Takahashi and Tetsuro Sayama.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2011, 2012.
- Bonus features: Original Japanese version; Feature length storyboards; Celebrity cast recording featurette; Interview with Goro Miyazaki; Music video; Yokohama featurette; Original Japanese trailers and TV spots ; U.S. trailer.
- Music, Satoshi Takebe ; English language production director, Gary Rydstrom ; English language screenplay adaptation, Karey Kirkpatrick.
- [United States] :GKids,.
- Publisher no.
- NNVG6294170 Cinedigm
- 2 videodiscs (91 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, widescreen; Dolby Digital 5.0 Surround
- Technical details