- Item Actions
Death of a shaman [videorecording]
a film by Richard Hall and Fahm Fong Saeyang ; director/writer, Richard Hall ; producer/writer, Fahm Fong Saeyang ; produced in association with the Independent Television Service and KVIE ; produced by Great Blue Productions.
- Video; DVD
- "In 'Death of a Shaman', a young mien woman from Sacramento, Fahm Saeyang responds to her father's unsettled life and death by taking a reverse journey to examine the heartbreaking path he took from respectability to hopelessness-and from Southeast Asia to America-in a heartfelt personal mission to understand his tragic story. This dual journey helps 'Death of a Shaman' examine with painful honesty how Fahm's Mien immigrant family suffered through a 20 year ordeal of poverty, racism, religions, drugs, jail, and the murder of a family member. It is a chronicle of a darker side of the pursuit of the American dream that affected many of the 40,000 Mien who came from a primitive life in the mountains of Southeast Asia to America. 'Death of a Shaman' is also a moving account of Fahm's need to understand her father's pain, and a desire to figure out what will placate his troubled spirit and her own"--Container.
- Richard Hall
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 57 min.
- In English and Yao with English subtitles.
- Originally produced as a television program in 2003.
- [Seattle, Wash.] :IndieFlix,[200-]
- 1 videodisc (ca. 60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in. Recorded on DVD (NTSC, region 1-6).
- Technical details