Fallingwater : Frank Lloyd Wright's masterwork
with reflections by Edgar Kaufmann, Jr. ; a film by Kenneth Love.
- Video; DVD
- Fallingwater is among the best examples of the organic architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959) and one of his masterworks. In an extensive interview, Edgar Kaufmann Jr., son of industrialist Edgar J. Kaufmann, relates in detail why his family commissioned Frank Lloyd Wright to design the plans for the house in 1935. He describes the special features of this amazing vacation home built in Pennsylvania, directly over a waterfall. His personal observations and anecdotes provide insight into this extraordinary building, a model of complete harmonious integration with nature. Three of Wright's apprentices, Edgar Tafel, Bob Mosher and Wes Peters, discuss their work on the design and construction of the house, filmed here in all four seasons. The film also includes rare home movie footage of Wright and Kaufmann Jr.
- Kenneth Love
- Charlie Humphrey, narrator.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 56 min.
- Catalogued from the container.
- "FALLINGWATER is a trademark and registered service mark of The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy"
- Variant title
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater
- Produced and directed by Kenneth Love ; executive producer: Barbara McNulty ; historical consultant: Lynda Waggoner.
- [Place of publication not identified] :Kenneth A. Love International LLC,© 2011.
- 1 videodisc (56 minutes) : sound, colour, with black & white sequences ; 12 cm.
- Technical details