Freedom is contagious [videorecording] : the women's movement and Students for a Democratic Society
a Shire Films production ; produced and directed by Helen Garvy.
- Video; DVD
- "Freedom is Contagious explores the early history (1965-9) of the women's movement that grew in the 1960s and 1970s, focusing especially on the interconnections with SDS. The video focuses on events and the thinking behind all the events, including the impact on men and their reactions."--Publisher.
- Helen Garvy
- Featuring: Jane Adams, Carolyn Craven, Carl Davidson, Bernardine Dohrn, Alice Embree, Carol Glassman, Casey Hayden, Sharon Jeffrey Lehrer, Steve Max, Judy Schiffer Perez, Bob Ross, Vivian Leburg Rothstein, Mike Spiegel, Elizabeth Stanley, Marilyn Salzman Webb, Cathy Wilkerson.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 40 min.
- "Based on interviews with members of Students for a Democratic Society conducted for Rebels with a cause"--Menu screen.
- Originally produced in 2003.
- Variant title
- Women's movement and Students for a Democratic Society
- Subtitle on disc label:
- Views of the women's movement (1965-1969)
- Editor, Helen Garvy ; camera, Emiko Omori ; music, Gerry Tenney.
- Los Gatos, CA :Shire Films,[2008?]
- Related resources
- Connect to material related to this title online.
- 1 videodisc (40 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/2 in. DVD-R, NTSC.
- Technical details