Linotype, the film [videorecording] : in search of the eighth wonder of the world
a film by Douglas Wilson ; produced & directed by Douglas Wilson ; producers, David Fry, Henry Fry, Linotype GMBH, David Roberts ; an OnPaperWings production in association with Brand Perfect Tour, Monotype Imaging, Goodwin Films, Jess Heugel Media.
- Video; DVD
- This is the surprisingly emotional tale of one bewildering machine that revolutionized printing and society, and of the people who fight to keep it alive today.Bonus features: Deleted scenes - 21 clips (46:22); Extras - 8 clips (22:27); Official trailer (2:17); Director's commentary.
- Douglas Wilson; Douglas M. Wilson
- Presenters: Tim Trower, Guy Trower.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 76 min.
- Subtitles in English SDH, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
- Booklet includes an essay by Doug Wilson and an interview with director Doug Wilson by Jeff Houghton.
- Originally produced in 2012.
- Filmed & edited by Brandon Goodwin ; audio recording & music by Jess Heugel ; animation & motion graphics, Adam Bowlin.
- [Springfield, Missouri] :Onpaperwings Production,
- Publisher no.
- 1886 Onpaperwings
- Public performance rights secured. Our Institutional DVD is made for libraries, schools and cultural organizations. Along with the DVD, institutional copies include a limited public performance license that allows for classroom and library use and on-campus screenings that are free for students or members of that organization. If you are planning to show the film as part of a series or curriculum, you must purchase an institutional copy.
- 1 videodisc (76 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (1 v. (unpaged) : ill. ; 18 cm.) DVD ; NTSC ; 16x9 widescreen.
- Technical details