The watermelon woman [videorecording]
written and directed by Cheryl Dunye ; produced by Barry Swimar, Alexandra Juhasz ; Dancing Girl Productions.
- Video; DVD
- Set in Philadelphia. Cheryl is a 25 year old, black, lesbian film maker struggling to make a documentary about Fae Richards, a beautiful and elusive 1930s, black film actress, popularly known as 'The Watermelon Woman.'
- Cheryl Dunye
- Cheryl Dunye, Guinevere Turner, Valarie Walker, Lisa Marie Bronson.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 93 min.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1996.
- Features: Cheryl Dunye interview.
- Cinematography by Michelle Crenshaw ; edited by Annie Taylor ; music by Paul Shapiro.
- New York, NY :First-Run Features,c1997.
- Publisher no.
- FRF 909273D First Run Features
- 1 videodisc (93 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD.
- Technical details