Fear and desire [videorecording]
Joseph Burstyn presents ; written by Howard Sackler ; produced, directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- Video; DVD; Blu-Ray
- Stanley Kubrick's first film. Shows the universality of human behaviors under combat conditions. During a war "outside history", four soldiers survive the crash of their plane in enemy territory. As they attempt to escape to their own lines they encounter enemy soldiers (who look like them) and a woman. Three go to build a raft to carry them to safety while the one soldier left to guard the woman tries to seduce her. She flees. He kills her, then goes mad. The three other soldiers attack an enemy outpost. They seize an enemy plane and escape.
- Stanley Kubrick
- Narrator, David Allen.Frank Silvera, Paul Mazursky, Kenneth Harp, Steve Coit, Virginia Leith.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 61 min.
- "35mm archival restoration"--Container.
- DVD release of the 1953 motion picture.
- Produced in association with the Library of Congress.
- Special features: The seafarers / directed, photographed and edited by Stanley Kubrick ; written by Will Chasan (1953 : col. ; 28 min.), a short subject film, restored and remastered.
- Variant title
- Title on container and disc:
- Stanley Kubrick's Fear and desire
- Related title
- Blu-ray ed.
- Cinematographer and editor, Stanley Kubrick ; music, Gerald Fried ; produced for video by Bret Wood.
- New York :Kino Classics,.
- Publisher no.
- K960 Kino Classics
- 1 videodisc (ca. 61 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. Blu-ray disc; region A; 1080p; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio); digital sound. Requires Blu-ray player.
- Technical details