Mama Goema [videorecording] : the Cape Town beat in five movements
produced & directed by Ángela Ramírez, Sara Gouveia, Calum MacNaughton ; written by Calum Macnaughton.
- Video; DVD; CD
- "Weaving together the ancient, the traditional and the classical into the distinctive sound of Cape Town, Mac MacKenzie ... put the final touches on his most recent creation, 'Goema symphony no. 1.' Musicians Hilton Schilder, Ernestine Deane and Kyle Shepherd provide context while The Cape Town Goema Orchestra rehearses for its première"--Container.
- Ángela Ramírez; Sara Gouveia; Calum MacNaughton
- Mac McKenzie ; Hilton Schilder ; Ernestine Deane ; Kyle Shepherd ; The Cape Town Goema Orchestra.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 55 min.
- English, Afrikaans & Xhosa, with subtitles in English, Afrikaans, Portuguese, Spanish, French and German.
- Extra features: All in one live; A-flat major.
- Audio CD: Goema symphony no. 1. : Introduction with bows (3:33) -- Goema symphony no. 1. A-flat major (5:49) ; Healing destination (5:00) ; Lok-shen goema (6:37) ; D-major goema (5:49).
- Variant title
- Cape Town beat in five movements
- Related title
- Goema symphony no. 1.
- Filmed & edited by Sara Gouveia, Ángela Ramirez.
- [South Africa] :Plexus Film,2011.
- Public performance rights: Mama Goema carries a University Library license fee of US$200. The acquiring institution gains public performance rights for classroom or library use for non-paying audiences only.
- 1 videodisc (ca. 55 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.) DVD, widescreen.
- Technical details