Global Bollywood [electronic resource] : travels of Hindi song and dance
Sangita Gopal, Sujata Moorti, editors.
- EBook; Book; Online
- Mode of access: World wide Web.
- Minneapolis :University of Minnesota Press,c2008.
- 9780816645787 (hc : alk. paper), 9780816645794 (pbk. : alk. paper),
- Access Online
- Tapping the mass market : the commercial life of Hindi film songs / Anna Morcom
- The sounds of modernity : the evolution of Bollywood film song / Biswarup Sen
- From Bombay to Bollywood : tracking cinematic and musical tours / Nilanjana Bhattacharjya and Monika Mehta
- Bollywood and beyond : the transnational economy of film production in Ramoji film city, Hyderbad / Shanti Kumar
- The music of intolerable love : political conjugality in Mani Ratnam's Dil se / Anustup Basu
- Intimate neighbors : Bollywood, dangdut music, and globalizing modernities in Indonesia / Bettina David
- The ubiquitous nonpresence of India : peripheral visions from Egyptian popular culture / Walter Armbrust
- Appropriating the uncodable : Hindi song and dance sequences in Israeli state promotional commercials / Ronie Parciack
- Dancing to an Indian beat : "Dola" goes my diasporic heart / Sangita Shresthova
- Food and cassettes : encounters with Indian filmsong / Edward K. Chan
- Queer as desis : secret politics of gender and sexuality in Bollywood films in diasporic urban ethnoscapes / Rajinder Dudrah
- Bollywood gets funky : American hip-hop, basement bhangra, and the racial politics of music / Richard Zumkhawala-Cook
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical details