Making sense of the constitution : a primer on the Supreme Court and its struggle to apply our fundamental law
Walter M. Frank.
- xi, 312 p. ; 23 cm.
- Carbondale, Ill. :Southern Illinois University Press,c2012.
- 9780809330836 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0809330830 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780809330843 (ebook), 0809330849 (ebook),
- Some foundational ideas
- The constitution and its amendments : an overview
- The Fourteenth Amendment
- The Supreme Court in the constitutional structure
- What the court does : the stuff of judicial review
- The federal judicial system
- Life on the court
- The litigation process : from complaint to Supreme Court opinion
- The toolbox for judicial decision making
- Crafting a constitution
- The court in action : contemporary constitutional controversies
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 265-283) and index.
- Technical details