The year Dolly Parton was my mom [videorecording]
Osiris Entertainment presents a Palomar production in association with Buffalo Gal Pictures ; written and directed by Tara Johns ; produced by Barbara Shrier.
- DVD; Video
- In 1976, Elizabeth, an average suburban 11-year-old, is praying for adolescence to arrive. Her idol is Dolly Parton and she wants to be just like her. Although women's lib is beginning to change the frame of family life, her parents Marion and Phil are typical parents, a stay-at-home mom and a working dad. When Elizabeth realizes she was adopted, she decides to find her real mother. She gets dressed up just like her idol and runs away, with Marion in pursuit.
- Tara Johns
- Gil Bellows, Julia Sarah Stone, Macha Grenon, Dolly Parton.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 95 min.
- English; closed-captioned.
- Not rated.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2011.
- Title from container.
- Featuring the music of Dolly Parton.
- Special features: Behind the scenes featurettes; "Coming together", "Becoming Elizabeth/Ruby", "A sense of place"; Audio commentary by director Tar Johns & producer Barbara Shrier; Behind the scenes photo gallery; Trailer.
- Director of photography, Claudine Sauvé ; editor, Jean-Françoise Bergeron ; music, Luc Sicard.
- Chatsworth, CA :Osiris Entertainment [distributor],c2011.
- Publisher no.
- OSD1109 Osiris Entertainment
- 1 videodisc (95 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, 16:9 widescreen presentation, 5.1 surround, NTSC.
- Technical details