Empire of the sun [videorecording]
Warner Bros. Pictures presents ; a Steven Spielberg film ; produced by Steven Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall ; screenplay by Tom Stoppard ; directed by Steven Spielberg.
- DVD; Video
- The story of a British boy, James Graham, whose privileged life is upturned by the Japanese invasion of Shanghai, December 8, 1941. Separated from his parents, he is eventually captured, and taken to Soo Chow confinement camp, next to a captured Chinese airfield. Amidst the sickness and food shortages in the camp, Jim attempts to reconstruct his former life, all the while bringing spirit and dignity to those around him.
- Steven Spielberg
- Christian Bale, John Malkovich, Miranda Richardson, Nigel Havers.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 152 min.
- English (Dolby surround 5.1 or Dolby surround stereo) or French dialogue (Dolby surround stereo); Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai or English subtitles.
- CHV rating: PG.
- Title from container.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1987.
- Based on the novel by J.G. Ballard.
- Special features: Behind the scenes documentary The China odyssey: Empire of the sun, a film by Steven Spielberg; theatrical trailer.
- Related title
- Empire of the sun (Motion picture)
- 1419887254, 9781419887253,
- Director of photography, Allen Daviau ; music, John Williams.
- Burbank, CA :Warner Home Video,
- Publisher no.
- 1000112657 Warner Home Video
- 1 videodisc (152 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD; region 1; widescreen; dual-layer format.
- Technical details