The book of church songs and spirituals
compiled by John M. Feierabend & Madeline Bridges.
- Book; Musical Score
- 241 p. of music : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Variant title
- Church songs and spirituals
- First steps in music
- Chicago :GIA Publications,c2010.
- 9781579997915, 1579997910,
- Lullabies. Bye 'n' bye ; If anyone asks you who I am ; Niño lindo ; Cradle hymn ; All through the night ; Christ Child lullaby
- Songs and chants with movement. Here is the church ; Three little mice ; When I am sleepy ; Wise man and the foolish man ; Zacchaeus ; Dem bones ; Father Abraham ; This little guided light of mine (variant 1) ; Hallelu ; Zion's children ; I'm gonna sing ; Walk together, children ; Come and go to that land ; I got shoes ; Kumbayah ; Jesus in the morning ; I've got peace like a river ; There's a little wheel a-turnin' in my heart ; Ezekiel saw the wheel
- Fragment songs. Jubilee ; O Lord! Shout for joy! ; Howdy, howdy! ; Open the window, Noah ; Wade in the water ; Tell all the world, John ; Michael, row the boat ashore ; Mary had a baby ; Train is a-comin' ; Standing in the need of prayer ; All night, all day ; Swing low ; Who did? ; Dem bones gonna rise again ; Sit down, sister ; Let me ride ; I'm on my way ; Oh, you can't get to heaven ; Children, go where I send thee ; Green grow the rushes-o ; When the saints go marching in ; Now let me fly ; I'm just a poor, wafarin' stranger (variant 1) ; No more, my Lord ; Hand me down my silver trumpet
- Story songs. Who built the ark? ; Rise and shine ; Old ark's a-moverin' ; One wide river ; Moses in the bulrushes ; Go down, Moses ; Joshua fit the Battle of Jericho ; Passing through ; Cherry tree carol ; O sinner man ; Huron carol ; Friendly beasts ; O sons and daughters
- Spirituals. Good news ; He's got the whole world in His hands ; Chatter with the angels ; Get on board ; This little light of mine (variant 2) ; Ten little angels ; Jacob's ladder ; Somebody's knocking ; This train ; You can dig my grave ; Do Lord, remember me ; Oh Lord, I want two wings ; Glory, glory, hallelujah ; Go tell it on the mountain ; Lord, I want to be a Christian ; Let us break bread together ; My Lord, what a morning ; My Father, how long? ; Father, get ready ; Nobody knows the trouble I've seen ; Give me that old-time religion ; Rock-a my soul ; Little David, play on your harp ; This little light of mine (variant 3) ; Were you there ; Down by the riverside ; On that great, getting-up morning ; Steal away ; I'm just a poor wayfarin' stranger (variant 2) ; Roll, Jordan, roll ; I'm going home on a cloud ; Hold on ; Deep river ; Didn't my Lord deliver Daniel?
- Early American hymn tunes. Jesus borned in Bethlea ; Amazing grace ; I know that my redeemer lives ; We'll all shout together in that morning ; I will arise ; Hear the trumpet sound ; Where are the Hebrew children? ; Promised land ; What wondrous love ; Vesper hymn ; I wil not be like a stubborn oak ; Simple gifts
- Canons. Jubilate Deo ; For health and strength ; For Thy gracious blessings ; Shalom chaverim ; Dal sole levante ; All praise to Thee ; Praise and thanksgiving ; O how lovely is the evening ; Pauper sum ego ; Glory to God ; Kyrie; Hashivenu ; When Jesus wept ; Non nobis Domine ; Sanctus ; Dona nobis pacem ; Like as a father ; Alleluia ; Ave Maria
- And a few more. God is so good ; Praise him ; Wind through the olive trees ; Lord is my shepherd ; Rejoice in the Lord always ; Lord is my shepherd, I'll walk with Him alway ; I've got the joy, joy, joy ; Give me oil in my lamp ; I have decided to follow Jesus ; Oh, Mary, don't you weep ; Oh, qué bueno es Jesus ; Gentle Mary laid her child
- Melody with words printed underneath.
- Includes indexes.
- Publisher/plate no.
- G-7816 GIA Publications
- Principally English words.
- Series statement
- First steps in music
- First steps in music.
- Technical details