Over your cities grass will grow [videorecording]
a film by Sophie Fiennes ; produced by Sophie Fiennes, Kees Kasander, Emilie Blezat ; directed by Sophie Fiennes.
- Video; DVD
- In 1993, artist Anselm Kiefer left Buchen, Germany for La Ribaute, a derelict silk factory near Barjac, a town in the south of France. Like a strange, sprawling village, La Ribaute extends over 35 hectares and is composed of old industrial buildings and working studios. From 2000, Kiefer began constructing a series of elaborate installations and paintings, creating pavilions to house them, while also digging a network of tunnels underneath the pavilions. Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow takes you into Kiefer's artistic estate to discover these sights and more - including an underground pool at the cul-de-sac of a tubular iron tunnel embedded within a crypt, a 20-meter tiered concrete amphitheater, and an open landscape of concrete towers assembled like so many card houses. Traversing this landscape, director Sophie Fiennes' critically acclaimed film immerses the audience in the total world and creative process of one of today's most significant and inventive artists.
- Sophie Fiennes
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 105 min.
- Dialogue changes between French, German and English with forced English subtitles.
- This DVD is sold with Public Performance Rights, which allow educational and nonprofit groups to exhibit the film to groups of 50 or fewer individuals where admission is not charged. The terms of the public performance license is for the life of the DVD....
- Director of photography, Remko Schnorr ; interviewer, Klaus Dermutz.
- New York, NY :Distributed by Kino Lorber, Inc.,2011.
- Publisher no.
- ALV-DV-805 Kino Lorber
- 1 videodisc (105 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD
- Technical details