El Sicario [videorecording] : Room 164
[presented by] Robofilms, Les Films d'ici in association with ARTE France ; a film by Gianfranco Rosi and Charles Bowden.
- DVD; Video
- "In an anonymous motel room on the U.S./Mexico border, a Ciudad Juárez hitman speaks. He has killed hundreds of people and is an expert in torture and kidnapping. He was simultaneously on the payroll of the Mexican drug cartels and a commander of the Chihuahua State Police. There is currently a $250,000 contract on his life and he lives as a fugitive, though he has never been charged with a crime in any country. With his face obscured by a black mesh hood, he tells his story to the camera inside the very motel room he once used to hold and torture kidnapped victims. Aided only by a magic marker and notepad, which he uses to illustrate and diagram his words, the sicario describes, in astounding detail, his life of crime, murder, abduction and torture"--Container.
- Gianfranco Rosi; Charles Bowden; Gainfranco Rosi
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 84 min.
- In Spanish, with English sub-titles.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2010.
- Based on the article "The Sicario" written by Charles Bowden and published in Harper's Magazine.
- Local Notes
- DVDs purchased from Icarus Films here at www.IcarusFilms.com are licensed with Public Performance Rights for non-commercial and educational exhibition when no admission fee is charged. (4/6/12)
- Director/photographer, Gainfranco Rosi ; editor, Jacopo Quadri ; producers, Serge Lalou, Gianfranco Rosi; co-producer, Charles Bowden ; original score, Abraham Spector.
- Brooklyn, NY :Icarus Films,2011.
- Public performance rights secured.
- 1 videodisc (84 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD.
- Technical details