Tri-faith America : how Catholics and Jews held postwar America to its Protestant promise
Kevin M. Schultz.
- viii, 256 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Oxford ;New York :Oxford University Press,c2011.
- 9780195331769 (hardcover : alk. paper), 0195331761 (hardcover : alk. paper),
- Creating tri-faith America
- Tri-faith America as standard operating procedure
- Tri-faith America in the early Cold War
- Communalism in a time of consensus: postwar suburbia
- A new rationale for separation: public schools in tri-faith America
- Choosing our identities: college fraternities, choice, and group rights
- Keeping religion private (and off the U.S. census)
- From creed to color: softening the ground for civil rights
- Conclusion: The return of Protestant America?
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 211-245) and index.
- Technical details