The good news about giving bad news [videorecording]
[presented by] the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
- DVD; Video
- The Reverend Kate Braestrup (Chaplain, Maine Warden Service, Lincolnville, Maine), author of "Here if You Need Me," described her participation with the Maine Warden Service. Her assistance at search and rescue missions, accidents, suicides, airplane crashes, etc. had often occured in the woods of Maine and provided a valuable service of communication and comfort. Reverend Braestrup discussed several key concepts instrumental in aiding the delivery of empathic notification of death to family members. Scott A. Syverud, M.D. (Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia) highlighted the value of chaplaincy services and especially in the present time of economic hardship.
- Panelists: The Reverend Kate Braestrup, Scott A. Syverud; Moderator, Marcia Day Childress.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 60 min.
- At the beginning of the program, Reverend Richard Haines (Department Program Director for Chaplaincy Services & Pastoral Education, Unviersity of Virginia) described an annual award given for exemplary Chaplaincy service. Which was award to Swami Sarvaananda (PhD, BCC, Chaplain Supervisor at Hospice of the Piedmont, Charlottesville, Virginia).
- Learning Objectives: 1. Explore similarities and connections between the work of law enforcement officers and physicians -- 2. Gain greater understanding of the role and work of chaplains.
- The Medical Center Hour is produced by The Center for Biomedical Ethics and Humanities, University of Virginia School of Medicine. The Medical Center Hour's website is:http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/community-service/centers/biomedical-ethics-and-humanities/medical-center-hour.
- "Medicine & Society in Conversation."
- "Co-presented with the Department of Chaplaincy Services and Pastoral Education"-- from program flyer
- Medical center hour
- Series statement
- Medical center hour ; 3/24/2010
- Medical center hour ; 3/24/2010.
- Charlottesville, Va. :The University, [The Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, Historical Collections and Services],c2010.
- Related resources
- ACCESS TO GENERAL INFORMATION AND UPCOMING SCHEDULE ONLY
- 1 videodisc (60 min.) sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + script. DVD.
- Technical details