District 9 [videorecording]
Peter Jackson presents in association with TriStar Pictures and Block/Hanson, a Wingnut Films production, a film by Neill Blomkamp ; produced by Peter Jackson, Carolynne Cunningham ; written by Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell ; directed by Neill Blomkamp.
- DVD; Video
- Twenty years ago, aliens from another planet made contact with Earth. Now, the refugee camp they are forced to live in has deteriorated into a slum-like ghetto. When field operative Wikus van der Merwe is put in charge of evicting the aliens, he contracts a strange virus that changes his DNA to match that of the refugees. As his body begins to mutate, he becomes a hunted man, and the aliens' only hope for freedom.
- Neill Blomkamp
- Sharlto Copley, Jason Cope, Nathalie Boltt, Sylvaine Strike, John Sumner, William Allen Young, Nick Blake.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 112 min.
- In English or dubbed French, with optional subtitles in English or French. Closed-captioned ; descriptive audio (English).
- MPAA rating: R; for bloody violence and pervasive language
- CHV rating: 14A; gory scenes and extreme violence.
- DVD release of the 2009 motion picture.
- Special features: deleted scenes; directors commentary ; "The alien agenda: a filmmaker's log" three-part documentary.
- Variant title
- District Nine
- 1435932579, 9781435932579,
- Director of photography, Trent Opaloch ; editor, Julian Clarke ; music, Clinton Shorter.
- Culver City, Calif. :Sony Pictures Home Entertainment,c2009.
- Publisher no.
- 27514 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- 1 videodisc (112 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD ; anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1) presentation ; Dolby digital 5.1 surround (English and French).
- Technical details