Revolution Studios presents ; produced by Scott Rudin ; screenplay by Richard Price ; directed by Joe Roth.
- Video; DVD
- As a housing project cop who's respected for keeping the peace and being fair with the residents, Lorenzo Council stumbles onto the case of an apparent carjacking and child abduction one night that throws the projects into turmoil. But there's something strange in the details Brenda Martin slowly brings to light regarding her abductor and her missing child. The criminal investigation into the alleged kidnapping ignites long-simmering racial tension between two neighboring New Jersey towns.
- Joe Roth
- Samuel L. Jackson, Julianne Moore, Edie Falco, Ron Eldard, William Forsythe, Aunjanue Ellis, Anthony Mackie, LaTanya Richardson Jackson, Clarke Peters, Peter Friedman, Domenick Lombardozzi, Aasif Mandvi.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 113 min.
- In English or dubbed French, with optional English or French subtitles.
- MPAA rating: R; for language and some violent content.
- Based on the novel: Freedomland / by Richard Price.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2006.
- Variant title
- Freedom land
- Widescreen (2.40:1) or standard (1.33:1) formats.
- 140498657X, 9781404986572,
- Director of photography, Anastas N. Michos ; editor, Nick Moore ; music, James Newton Howard ; costume designer, Ann Roth ; production designer, David Wasco ; special effects supervisor, J.C. Brotherhood.
- Culver City, Calif. :Sony Pictures Home Entertainment,c2006.
- Publisher no.
- 11440 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- 1 videodisc (113 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, region 1; Dolby digital 5.1 surround in English or Dolby surround in French.
- Technical details