The Decline of Rome [electronic resource]
produced by WGBH, Boston.
- Video; Computer Resource; Online Video; Online
- Barbarians, malaria, Christianity and over-extension all played a part in Rome's decline. Weber explores urban life in Rome's cities, focusing on public entertainment and the lavish lifestyle of Rome's rulers. Featured images include circuses and gladiatorial contests, and paintings of architecture of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
- Host, Eugen Weber.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 30 min.
- high school/college.
- Originally broadcast on the television program: The Western tradition.
- Related title
- Western tradition (Television program)
- The Western tradition
- Series statement
- The Western tradition ; 13
- The Western tradition ; 13.
- 1559460067 (series),
- S. Burlington, Vt. :Annenberg/CPB,c1989.
- Access Online
- Mode of access: Windows Media Player, World Wide Web.
- Technical details