Applying themes and disciplines [electronic resource]
produced by WGBH Educational Foundation.
- Video; Computer Resource; Online Video; Online
- Working from the NCSS themes and standards, the onscreen teachers identify approaches to integrating disciplines while teaching Social Studies content. Classroom video segments illustrate effective strategies for teaching across the curriculum and provide an opportunity to reflect on teaching practices. The session ends with the teachers developing a lesson plan that incorporates a variety of themes and disciplines.
- Features Mary A. McFarland.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 58 min.
- Series web site features additional resources and support materials.
- Graduate credit video workshop provides a methodology framework for teaching Social Studies, with a focus on creating effective citizens.
- Workshops feature K-5 teachers exploring social studies themes, theories of learning, teaching strategies, and ways to connect Social Studies to the world beyond the classroom.
- Social studies in action : a methodology workshop, K-5
- Series statement
- Social studies in action : a methodology workshop, K-5 ; 4
- Social studies in action : a methodology workshop, K-5 ; 4.
- 1576806804 (series),
- South Burlington, Vt. :Annenberg,c2003.
- Access Online
- Mode of access: Windows Media Player, World Wide Web.
- Technical details