Literature, art and other disciplines [electronic resource]
produced by Maryland Public Television.
- Online; Streaming Video; Video
- Teachers explore various ways in which students can use the fine arts to express their impressions of a text, and why this kind of activity should be encouraged to make sure that every voice in the classroom is heard. The group also looks at ways to expand meaning by interweaving literature with social studies and other disciplines, and the value of doing so. Several classroom projects demonstrate how learners expand their growing interactions with texts as they work in the fine arts.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 57 min.
- Graduate credit video workshop explores the creation of literary communities in the Language Arts classroom.
- Includes printed guide and dedicated web site.
- Video programs are augmented by commentary from noted educational researcher Dr. Judith Langer.
- Making meaning in literature : a workshop for teachers, Grades 6-8
- Series statement
- Making meaning in literature : a workshop for teachers, Grades 6-8 ; 6
- Making meaning in literature : a workshop for teachers, Grades 6-8 ; 6.
- 1576806219 (series),
- South Burlington, Vt. :Annenberg/CPB,c2003.
- Access Online
- Mode of access: Windows Media Player, World Wide Web.
- Technical details