Nurses' experiences in war and disaster : lessons learned and needs identified
guest editors, Catherine Wilson Cox and Janet Fraser Hale.
- Journal/Magazine; Book
- xii, 137 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Critical care nursing clinics of North America
- Philadelphia :Saunders,2008.
- 9781416060611, 1416060618,
- Emergency medical support units to critical care transport teams in Iraq / Sean T. Collins
- Skill set requirements for nurses deployed with an expeditionary medical unit based on lessons learned / John J. Whitcome and Kimberly J. Newell
- Synergy model at work in a military ICU in Iraq / Mary E. Freyling, Karen S. Kesten and Janie Heath
- Stateside care of marines and sailors injured in Iraq at the National Navel Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland / Loretta J. Aiken, Patrice Bibeau, Barbie Cilento and Eddie Lopez
- Critical care nurses' experiences caring for the casualties of war evacuated from the front line: lessons learned and needs identified / Deborah J. Kenny and Mary S. Hull
- Pain management in the traumatic amputee / Ann Kobiela Ketz
- Nutrition support of the traumatically injured warfighter / Mary S. McCarthy, Janet Fabling, Robert Martindale and Stephanie Ann Meyer
- Memories of three wars: a nurse's story / Loretta J. Aiken
- PTSD: therapeutic interventions post-Katrina / Jacqueline Rhoads, Timothy Pearman and Susan Rick
- Caring for the caregivers and patients left behind: experiences of a volunteer nurse during hurricane Katrina / Sandra L. Leiby
- Managing a disaster scene and multiple casualties before help arrives / Janet Fraser Hale
- Directions for disaster nursing education in the United States / Marguerite T. Littleton-Kearney and Lynn A. Slepski
- Research considerations when studying disasters / Catherine Wilson Cox
- Military nursing research: translation to disaster response and day-to-day critical care nursing / Elizabeth J. Bridges, Joseph Schmelz and Patricia Watts Kelley
- "March 2008."
- Spine series title: Critical care nursing clinics.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series statement
- Critical care nursing clinics of North America ; v. 20, no. 1
- Technical details