Le nozze di Figaro [videorecording]
production of Unitel GmbH & Co. KG, Munich, and BFMI GmbH, Salzburg, in co-production with ORF, BR and Classica, in cooperation with the Salzburg Festival ; video director, Brian Large.
- DVD; Video; Book
- Preparing for their wedding, the valet Figaro learns from the maid Susanna that their philandering employer, Count Almaviva, has designs on her. In her boudoir, the Countess laments her husband's waning love but plots to chasten him, encouraged by Figaro and Susanna. Susanna leads the Count on with promises of a rendezvous in the garden. Alone later that day, Susanna rhapsodizes on her love for Figaro, but he, overhearing, thinks she means the Count. Almaviva chases Cherubino away and sends his wife, who he thinks is Susanna, to an arbor, to which he follows. By now Figaro understands the joke and, joining the fun, makes exaggerated love to Susanna in her Countess disguise. The Count returns, seeing, or so he thinks, Figaro with his wife. Outraged, he calls everyone to witness his judgment, but now the real Countess appears and reveals the ruse. Grasping the truth at last, the Count begs her pardon.
- Brian Large
- Ildebrando D'Archangelo (Figaro); Anna Netrebko (Susanna); Bo Skovhus (Il Conte Di Almaviva); Dorothea Röschmann (La Contessa); Christine Schäfer (Cherubino)
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 202 min.
- Sung in Italian; English, French, German, Spanish, or Chinese subtitles; English, French or German liner notes.
- Title and credits from container.
- "00440 073 4245" -- Container.
- Variant title
- Title on set box:
- M Mozart 22
- Staged by Claus Guth; directed by Brian Large; producer Harald Gericke; Wiener Philharmoniker; conductor, Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
- Hamburg :Deutsche Grammophon Gessellschaft mbH,c2006.
- Recording information
- Recorded at Salzburg, Haus für Mozart, 22-26, July 2006.
- Publisher no.
- 33 DVD 00440 073 4221 Deutsche Grammophon (set box)
- 073 4245 Deutsche Grammophon
- 2 videodiscs (202 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (32 p. : ill. ; 18 cm.) Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. DVD; region code 0; NTSC/colour/ 16:9; PCM stereo, 5.1
- Technical details