The ring [videorecording]
a MacDonald/Parkes Production, a Bender/Spink, Inc. production, a Dreamworks Pictures presentation ; producers, Walter F. Parkes, Laurie MacDonald ; screenplay writer, Ehren Kruger ; director, Gore Verbinski.
- DVD; Video
- A strange videotape full of bizarre and haunting images is watched by a handful of teenagers. After the viewing the tape, they receive phone calls in which they are warned they will die in seven days. Rachel, the aunt of one of the ill-fated teens, is a journalist who has decided to investigate the matter. She manages to find the cabin in the woods and watches the video herself; afterward, she receives the same phone call, and realizes she must solve the puzzle of the video and who is behind.
- Gore Verbinski
- Naomi Watts, Martin Henderson, David Dorfman, Richard Lineback, Daveigh Chase, Lindsay Frost, Pauley Perrette, Jane Alexander, Brian Cox.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 115 min.
- In English with English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for thematic elements, disturbing images, language and some drug references.
- Videodisc release of a 2002 motion picture.
- Based on the novel by Koji Suzuki and the movie "The ring" by The Ring/The Spiral Production Group.
- Widescreen version.
- 0783269870, 0783283024,
- Director of photography, Bojan Bazelli ; editor, Craig Wood ; music, Hans Zimmer ; costume designer, Julie Weiss ; production designer, Tom Duffield.
- Universal City, CA :DreamWorks Home Entertainment,2003.
- Publisher no.
- 89980 DreamWorks Home Entertainment
- Related resources
- Internet Movie Database Summary and Reviews
- 1 videodisc (115 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD, Dolby digital, DTS surround sound, Region 1 encoding.
- Technical details