- Item Actions
Papers of Julian Wehr [manuscript] 1885-2004, N.D. (Bulk 1943-1949).
- 355 (ca.) items.
- Variant Title
- Julian Wehr papers
- Related Title
- Julian Wehr, an artist's life through the eyes of his children.
- Finding Aid Note
- Guide available.
- Related Resources
- GUIDE TO THE COLLECTION AVAILABLE ONLINE:
- The collection contains animated panels, tracings , illustrations, mockups for "Mother Goose," professional correspondence with editors and attorneys, patents and licensing agreements, compact disks containing digital images of his work, and artist tools pertaining to the creation of Wehr's movable books.
- Miscellaneous items of interest include a photograph of Queen Mary viewing the animated Snow White.
- The collection also contains a videodisk "Julian Wehr, an artist's life through the eyes of his children" by Jeanine Wehr Jones and Lawrence Jones, narrated by David A. Wehr.
- Cite as
- Julian Wehr Animated Book Papers, 1885-2004, n.d.,Accession #12250, Special Collections, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, Va.
- Biographical Note
- Artist and designer of movable books.
- Technical Details