Twentieth Century Fox presents a Frank McCarthy-Franklin J. Schaffner production.
- DVD; Video
- Story of General Patton in World War II whose military brilliance was balanced by his inability to deal with the social and political aspects of war causing him difficulties in his dealings with the War Department.
- Franklin J. Schaffner
- George C. Scott, Karl Malden.
- Release Date
- Run Time
- 171 min.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- In English or French with English or Spanish subtitles.
- Rated PG.
- Videodisc release of a 1970 motion picture.
- "Based on the factual material from 'Patton: ordeal and triumph' by Ladislas Farago and 'A soldier's story' by Omar N. Bradley"--Container.
- For specific features see interactive menu.
- Widescreen format, interactive menus, scene selection, original theatrical trailer, audio essay on the historical Patton, and documentary on the making of Patton.
- Awards note
- Academy Award for Best Picture, 1970.
- Director, Franklin J. Schaffner ; producer, Frank McCarthy ; screenplay, Francis Ford Coppola, Edmund H. North ; music, Jerry Goldsmith.
- Beverly Hills, CA :20th Century Fox Home Entertainment,c1999.
- Related resources
- Internet Movie Database Summary and Reviews
- 2 videodiscs (171 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. DVD.
- Technical details