This dynamic planet : world map of volcanoes, earthquakes, impact craters, and plate tectonics
U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey ; compiled by Tom Simkin ... [et al] ; prepared in cooperation with the Smithsonian Institution.
- Government Document; Map
- 1 map : col. ; 76 x 141 cm., on sheet 102 x 148 cm.
- Variant title
- World map of volcanoes, earthquakes, impact craters, and plate tectonics
- Mathematical info
- Scale 1:30,000,000. At equator. 1 in. = approx. 473 mi. ;Mercator proj.(W 180⁰--E 180⁰/N 72⁰--S 70⁰).
- Reston, VA :The Survey ;Denver, CO :For sale by Map Distribution,1994.
- Relief shown by shading and gradient tints.
- Base map is derived from unpublished revision of computer-generated, color-coded shaded-relief map of the world originally prepared in 1985 by National Geophysical Data Center.
- Eruptions of volcanoes from early B.C. to 1993 A.D. are included from the Global Volcanism Program, Smithsonian Instituition.
- Includes text, bibliographical references, 1 col. ancilary map showing boundaries and hot spots, 1 col. schematic cross section illus., and greadient tints diagram.
- Technical details