- Item Actions
Papers Concerning the Ibero-American Novel Project [manuscript] 1961-1973 (Bulk 1961-1969).
William Faulkner Foundation; Beleño C, Joaquín; Armand del Greco, Arnold; Díaz Sánchez, Ramón; Donoso, José; Edwards, Jorge; Fallas, Carlos Luis; Faulkner, William; Godoy, Emma; Land, Roy; Mallea, Eduardo; Márquez M, René; Massey, Linton R; Middleditch, Leigh B; Onetti, Juan Carlos; Quiroga Santa Cruz, Marcelo; Ramos, Graciliano; Roa Bas...
- 1,000 (ca.) items.
- Partially in Spanish
- Related Resources
- GUIDE TO THE COLLECTION AVAILABLE ONLINE:
- The papers contain correspondence, certificates of merit, published lists of award winners, announcements and printed materials regarding the selection and English language publication of the outstanding post World War II novel in fourteen Latin American countries.
- University of Virginia professor Arnold A. Del Greco, project director, is the chief correspondent. There are also letters from twelve of the fourteen award winners: Joaquín Beleño, Ramón Diáz Sánchez, José Donoso, Carlos Luis Fallas, Emma Godoy, Eduardo Mallea, René Marqués, Juan Carlos Onetti, Marcelo Quiroga Santa Cruz, Graciliano Ramos, Augusto Antonio Roa Bastos, and Marcio Veloz Maggiolo.
- Other correspondents include Jorge Edwards, representatives from Random House and Alfred Knopf, Roy Land, Linton R. Massey, Leigh B. Middletich, Jr., Paul D. Summers and Frank Wardlaw, Jr.
- Cite as
- William Faulkner Foundation, Papers concerning the Ibero-American Novel Project, 1961-1973, Accession #10677, University of Virginia Library, Charlottesville, Va.
- Biographical Note
- Foundation project initiated by Faulkner to honor outstanding Latin-American novels published since World War II, and have them translated and published in English.
- Technical Details